At CES 2019, the company was presenting its new Pria by BLACK+DECKER Home Care Companion, a smart device that can dispense medications at the right time and a digital voice assistant that can help with managing one’s health, scheduling tasks, and keeping in touch with caregivers should something happen.
The device is built in cooperation with the Pillo dispenser we wrote about last year from a company called Pillo Health.
Designers now have an easier way to deliver both photoplethysmogram (PPG) and electrocardiogram (ECG) measurements for health monitoring from a mobile, battery-powered device.
The MAX86150 from Maxim Integrated Products integrates internal LEDs, photodetectors and an ECG analog front-end (AFE) to provide highly accurate, FDA-certifiable PPG and ECG performance in compact, power-saving designs, including mobile phones, laptops, tablets and smart speakers.
Click here for more…
Here is the list of top areas where IoT applications in healthcare are implemented:
– Medical devices like wearables, implanted medical devices, stationary devices.
– Monitor health with remote device management, including data analytics, application and network security.
– Application management tools for Telemedicine, Clinical Operations, Workflow Management, Inpatient Monitoring, and Medication Management.
– Customized connected technologies, Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC, ZigBee, Cellular, and Satellite.
– Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Clinics, Government and Defense Institutions, and Research and Diagnostics Labratories.
– Managed services for system integration, maintenance, and support.