For three years, blood samples and medical equipment will be flown with drones between Odense, Svendborg and Ærø in a new project named HealthDrone launched by researchers, Falck and Autonomous Mobility.
Later, drones will also transport highly specialized healthcare professionals who need to arrive quickly. This will ensure better treatment and save the Danish health care system almost DKK 200 million a year.
Falck sees great potential in the use of drones. Falck CEO Jakob Riis believes that initiatives like HealthDrone are important elements in creating a future-proof healthcare system.
Click here for more…
Here is the list of top areas where IoT applications in healthcare are implemented:
– Medical devices like wearables, implanted medical devices, stationary devices.
– Monitor health with remote device management, including data analytics, application and network security.
– Application management tools for Telemedicine, Clinical Operations, Workflow Management, Inpatient Monitoring, and Medication Management.
– Customized connected technologies, Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC, ZigBee, Cellular, and Satellite.
– Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Clinics, Government and Defense Institutions, and Research and Diagnostics Labratories.
– Managed services for system integration, maintenance, and support.